Pumpkin seed butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momma_mayham

Reaction score
So I bought this stuff. Pumpkin seed butter. Didn't know what is was, but it was a decent price - so I figured what the heck! Now that it's in my house I've been trying to do some googling about it and so far come up with squat! I was hoping somebody here might be able to shed some light on this stuff. I've already used it in a HP soap as the SF (5%). It's only a couple days old, and it looks pretty good! Firming up nicely :)
Thanks guys!
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1383694738.696387.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1383694773.086111.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Thanks everyone! All the info I could find was either the sammich spread type of butter (Not what I was looking for :p), or the liquid oil. I used it in a HP green tea and lemongrass as I the SF. I'm actually really happy with the results thus far! :D
Here's a pic... Can ya tell I'm a noob?! I can't contain my excitement! Eek! ImageUploadedBySoap Making1383707178.631301.jpg
They're still curing, and not the prettiest things I've seen, but my third attempt at soap - and my first HP.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Pretty...

With New Directions they have MSDS for every ingredient they sell and it will tell you what it is composed of if it is more than one ingredient like this butter. I save the MSDS on my computer so I can review it later if I need to...

I haven't seen pumpkin seed butter before - but have used the oil. It's very pricey in Europe, and I didn't feel that it added enough to the soap to warrant the price tag, and the dark color was difficult if I wanted a lighter colored soap, so I used it up on salads instead! (It tastes great, and is full of antioxidants.)

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

Lindy. Thank you so much! I had no idea what MSDS stood for :crazy: Bit of a duah moment there! Ive seen the icon, never thought to click on it. That will most defiantly make life easier now :smile:

Back