Pumpkin Beer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigmoose

Reaction score
I just bottled and kegged some of my homebrewed pumpkin beer yesterday. This beer is soooooo good. I make it using real pumpkins. Most of the ones you buy only have the spice in it and that is all and they call it a pumpkin beer. If there are any all grain homebrewers out there if you ask I will give you the recipe.

Bruce

Yes, please, I would love to have that recipe.
I tried out a pumpkin juice recipe recently and it tasted delicious. It was very easy to prepare and here is how you do it:

-Chop pumpkins into 2 cups and juice it well.
-Then pour this pumpkin juice with 2 cups of apple juice and half a cup of pineapple juice. Then blend it well together.
-Add one teaspoon of honey to this juice and mix well.

Then, freeze this and serve it iced.

Bigmoose said:
I just bottled and kegged some of my homebrewed pumpkin beer yesterday. This beer is soooooo good. I make it using real pumpkins. Most of the ones you buy only have the spice in it and that is all and they call it a pumpkin beer. If there are any all grain homebrewers out there if you ask I will give you the recipe.

Bruce

I would love the recipe ! I am so excited cause at the end of the month I will have a rental house complete with man-cave space for me to try all sorts of projects like this. Homebrew is something Ive wanted to do for a lonnnnng time!

Any advice on kits and such? how much does it cost for a typical starter setup?

Sorry for taking soooo long to answer this. I have a full time job and a soap business that is doing better each month so I have little time. Anyway here is that recipe.

8 lb. Pale ale malt
1 lb. crystal L-120 malt
1 lb. corn maize
6 lb. diced baked pumpkin
8 oz. Molasses
8 oz. Corn sugar
2 t. pumpkin pie spice
1 oz. Northern brewer hops 7.1 hbu (60 min.)
1 oz. Fuggles hops 4.2 hbu (15 min.)
White labs Califorina ale yeast WLP 001

Take your pumpkin and gut it and cut the skin offf and dice into 1/2" by 1/2" squares and bake at 300 till soft. Prepare your mash with all the grains and add pumpkin to the top of the grain bed and mash at 154 deg. for at least 60 min. Sparge and boil for at least 60 min. Add sugar and molasses and 1st. hops at start of boil. Add 1 t. Irish moss and 2 nd. hops with 15 min. left to boil.

O.G. 1.055
F.G. 1.011
A.B.V. 5.5%

If anyone makes this let me know how it turned out. For those who want to learn to brew do 2 things. #1 Buy John Palmer's book "How to brew". #2 hang around this forum and ask lots of questions http://www.homebrewtalk.com/

Bruce

I dont do this but it sure is cool! I am going to show this recipie to DH might be something he might want to try :)

I am drinking this years batch of pumpkin beer and it is delicious. I made 10 gallons. Enough for a few soaper friends to stop by.

Bruce

alwaysme07 said:
I dont do all grain :cry: . Dont have the room...

My husband said this when I asked him to make it. I don't know what it means but no pumpkin beer for me either. Maybe one of these days! Sounds great.

Back