Proud Momma moment

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scentapy

Reaction score
I haven't posted in a LONG time because I have been trying to balance my new baby with full time work and suddenly getting lots of business. But I HAD to post tonight because I had a "proud" moment. So... .I was making my very first batch with my new mold (double the size batch I am used too) and I have been very worried about this because a failed batch means twice the loss. Anyway, I realized that I calculated the FO wrong - shorted it by 1oz. so I put the stick blender down and measured out another oz. and by the time I came back, my batch was quicklly thickening so I said "OH NO" and my daugher said "What's wrong, is it seizing?" To me, that was a TOTAL proud momma moment because it means she IS paying attention ;) Had to share.

Yes, it felt wonderful to know she listens to me. It was not seizing (thank god) but glad that she is learning the terminology!

My daughter is supper into me making soap. All morning she has been making "Kashi soap". Not sure where the name comes from but you make it by dumping all your puzzle pieces into a mixing bowl and ordering me around the place to difrent spots to cook, and cut the soap. They are currently at the market (couch), but soon we will need to package them for shipping (on the bed).
She has been asking to make soap with me and not just letting her cut it. I tell her when she's older. She's four. But I spent some time looking for PPE in children sizes. I figured with the whole prepper's movement it would be easier to find but all I can find is gloves and glasses.
Thinking maybe a melt and pour would be fun.
Ut, just got marching orders, more soap into the oven (behind the couch).

Latest posts

Back