Pringles can molds....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJA

Reaction score
For all of you Pringle mold users, how do ya line these suckers? I was gonna use freezer paper, but what about the end of the can with the aluminum end? Wont it stick?
Thanks. :)

if the bottom is aluminum, won't the lye react with it?
now i'm curious what it's made of

I never line mine, tho it's been a couple of years I've made probably 30 logs in pringles cans.

you CAN line them to make getting the soap out easier, but don't worry about the end. BTW it's easiest to get the bottom off by either cutting through with an old serrated knife or using a can opener.

Nope never lined them , they are cool little molds and eating those yummy cheddar cheese chips is so worth it :wink:

Kitn

x

Kitn said:
Nope never lined them , they are cool little molds and eating those yummy cheddar cheese chips is so worth it :wink:

Kitn

LOL! :D

that's why i had to quit buying them!

i lined a 12" piece of 3" pvc pipe craft foam, and it comes out exactly the same size as pringles can-and no more added pounds!

i still line with contact paper for easy removal. :D

I use vaseline to grease my pringle cans. I cut the end out of the can, this gives you room to grease the entire can. I take the plastic top and place it on the bottom of the can. I then use press and seal and put it around the bottom of the can and then take a strong rubber band twist a couple of times, this keeps any soap from flowing out of the bottom. I make GM soap, as soon as I pour it I put it in the frig. When I unmold it I take a vitamin bottle or a bottle is about the same size if the pringle can and use it as a plunger to push the soap out. Use the bottom of the bottle to push against the soap, works like a charm. You learn to be creative when you really want to do something. I have used the pringle can a couple of times, just have to regrease it again. :lol:

Fairydittle said:
I use vaseline to grease my pringle cans. I cut the end out of the can, this gives you room to grease the entire can. I take the plastic top and place it on the bottom of the can. I then use press and seal and put it around the bottom of the can and then take a strong rubber band twist a couple of times, this keeps any soap from flowing out of the bottom. I make GM soap, as soon as I pour it I put it in the frig. When I unmold it I take a vitamin bottle or a bottle is about the same size if the pringle can and use it as a plunger to push the soap out. Use the bottom of the bottle to push against the soap, works like a charm. You learn to be creative when you really want to do something. I have used the pringle can a couple of times, just have to regrease it again. :lol:

Great info and tips!!!! Never thought of putting the lid on the bottom, I am so linear!

I use frozen juice cans instead of Pringles molds (same idea) and don't line them either. They're a single-use kind of deal I think. Makes awesome soaps though!

I just tried Pringle cans for molds. I cut the bottom off, duct-taped the lid to the bottom, and lined the tube with drawer/contact paper. To get the soap out, I took the lid off and pushed up with a glass that fit while pulling on the contact paper. The contact paper peeled right off. To wrap the cured soap, someone suggested using the small coffee filters. They are just the right size to wrap around the Pringle can sized soap.

Edited to add: The best lining is craft foam - just the right size, cheap (50 cents), reusable, quick to clean, and so easy to remove.

Latest posts

Back