Prevent sweating without Shrink Wrap?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo&Rey

Reaction score
Hi all, I am a newbie! Using melt & Pour! I have purchased beautiful little craft boxes to put my soap into with ’sniff holes’ and would love to be able to use them, however shrink wrapping seems to be the only way to prevent the sweating. I have put the soaps in these boxes but they have sweated and left oily marks on the craft box! Is there any other ways I can prevent the sweating and use these boxes?

Hi, I have always wrapped my MP in plastic wrap, twist it on each end, cut off excess and secure with a small piece of tape. In my experience, MP must be sealed from the air or it will develop glycerin dew.
When I put them in boxes, I always wrapped them in plastic wrap first.
Hope this helps.

Hi

As far as I know, one has to cover their MP soaps with shrink wrap or cling wrap else it will keep sweating and melt

Bumping this up as I’m searching for a melt and pour that does not sweat. @cmzaha do you know of one as mentioned above?
I'll answer in case @cmzaha doesn't see this right away, but you should definitely wait for her input too. I used both clear and white SFIC melt & pour, which I think I ordered from Bramble Berry. It definitely didn't sweat as easily, but when the weather was extremely humid, it would still sweat. It didn't sweat as much, but it definitely had that MP sticky feel. I also found it to be harder to work with.

I'll answer in case @cmzaha doesn't see this right away, but you should definitely wait for her input too. I used both clear and white SFIC melt & pour, which I think I ordered from Bramble Berry. It definitely didn't sweat as easily, but when the weather was extremely humid, it would still sweat. It didn't sweat as much, but it definitely had that MP sticky feel. I also found it to be harder to work with.
Thanks for the reply. I’m thinking maybe my idea won’t work. I wanted to make little soap toys for inside bath bombs, but sweating would activate the bb. Initially the bath bombs have some moisture that I imagine would act like humidity in the air? The hope was to only wrap them in a small piece of parchment paper.

My daughter used Essential by Catalina's bases. What she did to cut the sweating problem was to cure the soaps on a baker's rack for several days to a week in front of a fan. Unless it was extremely humid her soaps would not sweat after curing Our cp soaps sweat in humid weather so no real difference. She never wrapped her cupcake soaps that went in boxes, I know she wrapped some of her bar soaps at times but I think that was just to keep them clean.

Thanks for the reply. I’m thinking maybe my idea won’t work. I wanted to make little soap toys for inside bath bombs, but sweating would activate the bb. Initially the bath bombs have some moisture that I imagine would act like humidity in the air? The hope was to only wrap them in a small piece of parchment paper.
That might work. It would be worth a test. I don't know how much moisture is in your bath bomb mix, but if you let your embed sit for a few days as @cmzaha said, that might be enough to keep it from sweating once inside the bomb. If you are wrapping them in parchment, I think that would be enough to keep them from sweating enough to activate the bath bomb. I'd test them naked and with wrapping. When I said the soaps sweat in humid weather - it was very humid. Our humidity levels vary greatly, and for the most part the soaps were fine. I know your humidity varies quite a bit too. Also, I've made bath bombs, but not a lot and not often so take anything I've said with that in mind.

ETA: I think this is a great idea - hope you can make it work!

Last edited:
My daughter used Essential by Catalina's bases. What she did to cut the sweating problem was to cure the soaps on a baker's rack for several days to a week in front of a fan. Unless it was extremely humid her soaps would not sweat after curing Our cp soaps sweat in humid weather so no real difference. She never wrapped her cupcake soaps that went in boxes, I know she wrapped some of her bar soaps at times but I think that was just to keep them clean.
Thank you! I’m due to buy a gallon of facial mist base from them anyway. I’ll try “curing” the kind of MP I have to see what happens, and keep Catalina in mind for when I buy more.

Thank you! I’m due to buy a gallon of facial mist base from them anyway. I’ll try “curing” the kind of MP I have to see what happens, and keep Catalina in mind for when I buy more.
She also had a couple of Stephenson bases she used and also cured the soaps. She cured all her m&p soaps, using 1-2 pallets of m&p base a year. At one time she was one of EBC's largest customers for m&p base. I was good we could pick up. :D:D

WSP has low sweat MP bases. I'm able to leave those out unwrapped for 2 weeks without attracting glycerin dew. But it all depends on the environment the soap is stored in-- dry or humid.

Back