*pokes head out*

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindsey-Star

Creation Addict
Reaction score
I’m Lindsey-Star.
I’m from California now living in South Dakota. (Not a fan.)
Cold process and Castile liquid are my favorite. I also like making body care.
I would like to figure out how to effectively add tannins without them breaking down. For example, witch hazel.
I have a history in cosmetics manufacture and maybe a bit of an addiction to makeup.
I also like nerdy things, video games, painting, birds and reptiles.
I have some kids, mostly all grown up, a dog and a cat and a dragon.

Welcome, Lindsey-Star!

Lindsey-Star said:
I would like to figure out how to effectively add tannins without them breaking down. For example, witch hazel.

Here's a post that forum member Imosca wrote last year in which he makes a mention of how tannins behave in soap. According to what he wrote, it seems that their potency fizzles out pretty quickly in soap (see the 3rd paragraph up from bottom): https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/vitamin-e-does-it-survive-saponification.68994/#post-685260

IrishLass :)

South Dakota isn't all bad... today is looking really good anyways! Man... I am so jealous you're in Hill City! Miner Brewing is one of my favorites that I only get to enjoy once a year or so.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum. I was born and raised in Sioux Falls -- you're in the pretty part of the state. Just spent a week over New Year's there and did not like the "high" of minus zero. Returning to Chicago's 30s felt like a heat wave.

Welcome, Lindsey-Star!

Here's a post that forum member Imosca wrote last year in which he makes a mention of how tannins behave in soap. According to what he wrote, it seems that their potency fizzles out pretty quickly in soap (see the 3rd paragraph up from bottom): https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/vitamin-e-does-it-survive-saponification.68994/#post-685260

IrishLass :)

That makes so much sense now though why I couldn't get the effects to work. My daughter is the chemist, definitely NOT ME, but she is busy with school. eek

South Dakota isn't all bad... today is looking really good anyways! Man... I am so jealous you're in Hill City! Miner Brewing is one of my favorites that I only get to enjoy once a year or so.

Welcome to the forum!

I guess it depends a lot on what feels like home to you. To me, Christmas lights on palm trees and the smell of orange blossoms is life giving, a stark contrast to the other day! lol

I fell in love with the hills in the summertime, my heart apparently made my head forget to look up forest tundra winters.

Welcome to the forum. I was born and raised in Sioux Falls -- you're in the pretty part of the state. Just spent a week over New Year's there and did not like the "high" of minus zero. Returning to Chicago's 30s felt like a heat wave.

lol, yeah, I was in bed at 10 that day. I've only been to Chicago once, about 6 years ago, but I enjoyed it in my limited 2 day pass through. I'm much more a city girl than a rural one, I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back