Plumeria EO?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepper

Reaction score
I noticed an air freshener being advertised on TV the other day. The ad says it is perfumed with real frangipani (plumeria) essential oil. I have never heard of frangipani EO, and it's not on any list I've seen, including yours. Are they trying it on?

OMG - I recently fragranced an M&P trial soap with Frangipani Absolute....I mean we enjoyed it and all that, but I didn't realize it was THAT expensive ??? OUCH

(I got a small bottle as a gift from someone who didn't like the smell of it)

Pepper said:
I noticed an air freshener being advertised on TV the other day. The ad says it is perfumed with real frangipani (plumeria) essential oil. I have never heard of frangipani EO, and it's not on any list I've seen, including yours. Are they trying it on?

I wonder if they use it in "homeopathic" concentrations, cut with artificial plumeria FO. You know... one drop of EO for every vat of FO. Or something like that.

This one is basically a perfumers oil. I haven't been able to find anything besides that info on it and it's not in any of the aromatherapy books I have. It doesn't mean there aren't benefits to it. One other thing I found is that it's solvent extracted which means that there are usually chemicals left behind in the absolute which makes it less desirable in Aromatherapy.....

Back