Please help - newbie in need!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
topcat said:
carebear said:
20 is huge? heck I'm in the area of 250 and I'm just starting to sell. R&D is very time and investment intensive. not to say everyone waits that long but 20 is minimal when you are talking about selling.

you need to get your formula and look "just so" and you need to practice so your soaps come out with a consistent look and feel.

What carebear said! She is the master (or do I mean 'mistress'?....). So carebear, you are just starting to sell? I kinda wanted to wait longer, though I am happy with my recipes, but my family and friends are spreading the word - so I always explain to anyone who wants to buy my soap that I am still in the development stage and price my soap accordingly. It's working so far....

Tanya :)
and actually *I* am wrong - I meant to type 350!

Etelka said:
Cocoa butter is awesome in soap

I agree it is nice and it will give you a very hard bar, but I hate the lather, not bubbly but rather creamy, in fact I would go one step further and say that it inhibits the lather
Etelka
I love the creamy quality of cocoa butter's abundant lather. I find it balances beautifully with the big bubbles from the oils like coconut - it's like the substance behind the volume.

Back