Please help;CP honey soap heated up...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyprince

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've just made a batch of honey soap with turmeric.
I have made a mistake by covering it and later tonight I wanted to check and to my surprise I saw that it became kind of liquid(not totally) and became a different colour.It has also water drops on it.I have pured the same soup somewhere in small molds and they are ok because I did not cover them.Will my soap turn to its former condition and be OK?Thanks a lot...
PS:My mold is too big and I cannot put it in the freezer.Is it OK if I wait for some more time?

Last edited:
I've had beer soap heat up and have oil separate back out and to the top of the soap. Sometimes it gets absorbed back into the soap and a couple times not.
If you have a basement with a cement floor, you can try putting the mold on that floor as it will help to pull the heat out of your soap.
Good luck! Let us know how it turns out!

Agree with everyone else..most likely gel stage..it'll be fine

Thanks a lot for all your replies.I took the cover off and in the morning it was hard again.I noticed that the colour turned darker.I am learning new things.I think after gelling the soap changes colour.

Yes, soap often does darken when it gets hot enough to go into gel. The amount of color change depends a bit on the ingredients. I'm glad all is okay now!

Back