Please give me feedback on my Blog

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

My friends have asked for help making soap, I thought it would be good to have a reference for them to use when they are making soap on their own. I have put together this draft blog, I still have photos to add and also plan to post a video. If you have time to have a look and give me back some feed back , I would greatly appreciate it.
Cheers

I hope you take this in the constructive way that it is meant... Frankly after clicking the link and taking a first look I wouldn't be inclined to browse the blog any further.

The first link at the top of the page (at least at this moment) says "Penile length leads to little economic growth". I'm not sure if this is an ad of some sort or just a joke but it's poorly placed and has nothing to do with soap.

More importantly, the posts are completely disconnected with no obvious hint on where to begin. The first post at the top of the page tells me that I'm now ready to pour my soap. Below that are separate posts on scents and lye. You are doing a tutorial but you've broken the steps up into unsorted blog posts though I'm guessing they go backward from most recent to oldest. A tutorial should be all one post or even better, a separate web page that is linked to from your blog post.

I'm also not in complete agreement on some of your content but that's sorta beside the point.

I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear but that's my honest feedback.

Thank you for your feedback. It is what I wanted to hear. I will take your suggestions and rework my blog. The little gismo at the top is a link to a online newspaper, I thought it was a good idea.....obviously not. When I looked at the blog this morning it had a different clip. I will rework that. I thank you for the time you took to look at my blog and the feedback.
Cheers!
Cody Welard :)

xyxoxy said:
I'm also not in complete agreement on some of your content

this

perhaps a bit more experience before posting a tutorial? just a suggestion - take it or leave it.

I've got a question, Cody wellard? Are you Cody wellard puppy killer? As admin and mods can see locations through IP addys it looks like you're one in the same?

OMG!!! I think a name change might be a good idea.

(I know this is sick but now I can't get 101 Dalmatians with a soapy twist out of my head.)

Cody, yesterday you were a young male from Canada & your blog was blue. Today you are a grandmother from New Zealand and your blog is pink & swirly. What is going on? It's kinda creepy unless you can explain why it isn't :? .

Deda said:
I've got a question, Cody wellard? Are you Cody wellard puppy killer? As admin and mods can see locations through IP addys it looks like you're one in the same?

I just searched for this news item. I feel sick now.

Yeah this is the link I previewed and commented on previously:
(URL Removed)
But it looks completely different now.

However looking at the blogspot profile and associated blogs I now wonder if this person actually knows anything about soap making... or if he/she is simply trying to accumulate a bank of "knowledge" harvested from various soaping and travel sites in order to get advertising income from page hits. I don't know the answer so I'll reserve final judgement... but something smells, and it doesn't smell like soap.

This guy is all over the web. Cross stitch forums, british soap opera forum, horse forum, and supposedly just got a new puppy, all under the same name. Weird, I would surely want to distance myself from that name.

Oh no...please don't say he's got another puppy. Someone needs to take it away from him. That is, if he is that Cody Wellard.

I saw he had just joined another soap forum on Monday. He (or she because I got a bit confused) mentioned cross stitching as a hobby. I'm not saying men don't enjoy cross stitching. It just seemed a bit odd because he had different hobbies listed on this forum.

I find much about this person confusing. Joined many very diverse forums suddenly and posted the name all.over.the.place.

I asked several people what they thought of it, and they all said that either this person is self-promoting, or wanted to "drown" bad links so they sink low on the list on google...

carebear said:
... or wanted to "drown" bad links so they sink low on the list on google...

That fits... except the part about asking for advice on the blog. Maybe that was just to get some hits on it?

If that's the case it was probably offset when we all searched and clicked the puppy killer links. :lol:

true! they HAVE come back up to the top of the screen LOL.

anyway, during the same time period that he started the blog, and joined gardening, horse, cross stitch, and soaping forums, he joined a judo forum in which he states he is 6' tall. I'm not saying he couldn't be a 6' tall woman, but I find it unlikely.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... google.com

Wow! Judo, cross stitching, British soap operas, horses, soapmaking, gardening, travelling to foreign countries, blogging, and one other thing which I won't mention (because it's upsetting to think about)...he certainly keeps busy. :roll:

I feel like such a slacker. :lol:

I guess we've outed him, eh. You have to be right Carebear, that he was trying to associate his name with other things. In a way I almost feel bad because the situation has likely almost ruined his life. Then to think of someone killing a pet on purpose it's hard to sympathize with that. If it had been an accident that he were being persecuted for, it would be different.

If he would have gone about participating on the forum in a better way then maybe no one would have gotten suspicious. Why barge in and make yourself all conspicuous? Why not just take a backseat and comment on other people's comments? Politely and without trying to give advice, since you're obviously no soap master. I saw someone on another forum had asked him why he puts his name on his posts and now we know.

He's probably just link dropping / spamming forums to yank traffic over to his site/boost his rankings (temporarily). Might be a good idea to just ban that IP and delete the thread as Google will probably index it (further promoting his ... cause or whatever he's up to).

Just a thought.
Karri

Latest posts

Back