Plans for a wooden mold?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ballininthamix

Reaction score
I'm interested in building my own wooden soap mold, but I'm not sure where to start. Does anyone have any plans they wouldn't mind sharing? Or does anyone know a place that sells plans for molds?

How big of a batch of soap do you make at a time? I have made my own and would be happy to help you. Mine makes a loaf that I use 52oz. of oil per batch.

Bruce

Have you hugged a moose today?

Well I was interested in a loaf style mold, but am open to other otions. It doesn't necessarily have to be really big or anything. I only make soap for personal use and gifts. 52 oz. sounds like a good size. Where do I start?

Take a look at my Etsy store. My main business is making professional, quality, wood lined soap molds. I am a goat milk soapier second now-a-days! :) Look and see what of my styles you like. Sometimes I have seconds, where I get the dimensions off a hair and won't ship it.

www.togsoapmolds.etsy.com

This is a very popular lined mold. It adjusts and grows as you grow in your soap making skills.
IM000247-1.jpg

I'll give you a few pointers.

Paul :wink:

My mold is nothing close to the nice one in the picture above.
Wow that thing looks nice does'nt it. But if you still want a home made one here is what I use. You will need 2 boards 3/4" by 2 1/2" by 15". More simply put 2 (1 by 3) cut 15" long. Also 2 (1 by 3) cut 5" long. Also a (1 by 6) 16 1/2" long. A (1 by 6) comes 5 1/2" wide, I cut mine to 5" but you can leave it at 5 1/2. Now stand your two 15" boards up on end about 3 1/2 apart and nail one of your 5" long boards on each end flush with the ones standing up. When done flip it over and nail the other 5" board on. You should now have a rectangle that measures 15" by 3 1/2" inside. Now nail that to your 1x6 and you are done. I line mine with freezer paper.

Hope this helps, or that you got one of those nice ones.

Bruce

Have you hugged a moose today?

Soapmaker Man: I love your molds, just need to save up a bit to get one. I guess I'll keep using my glass baking pans for now. They do an okay job, but I like the uniformity with your TOG molds. :)

Thanks for the tips Bigmoose. I may have to try that out as well.

Latest posts

Back