Pink Salt Recipe?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe skip the goatmilk this round? High coconut soap usually gels pretty hot and if you try to prevent gel by using the fridge, your soap will be so hard you won't be able to cut it. I would also skip the sugar, you won't need it in a salt bar at all.

Remember that salt bars need to be cut soon, usually within 1-4 hours. It will still be quite warm and caustic so wear gloves while cutting. Even better is to use cavity molds.

Your recipe looks good.

I would nix the goat's milk, it is not really going to lend anything to your salt bar. Your bar is already very highly superfatted so I would not add more. I only superfat salt bars 13% since I hate oily feeling soap. I used to superfat 15% and found it to oily. High superfats lends to cutting lather and you really do not need TD to whiten a high coconut oil salt soap. Remember to color before adding in your salt or you will not get an even color because it will stick to the salt. I cut all my salt bars within 45 min, keep a close eye on them. I also add in a min of 7% fragrance since high salt content bars will lose fragrance over time and they need a min 3 month cure in my opinion with 6 months optimum.

Back