Pink Roses and some more leaves

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made embeds using toilet tissue cardboard molds(no pics). Then I piped some roses and leaves. I used my rose garden FO in them. I also made my wine soap, but I won't have pics of that til after i cut it. Now I am going to sew the rest of the day.

Pink Roses 008.jpg

Pink Roses 004.jpg

I'm jealous of your piping skills. I pipe like crap! I made 30 samples for a sample swap thingy I'm signed up for of Honeysuckle soap that accelerated like mad on me (figured it might, floral and all) but I still managed to swirl it white and pink (my first try at an ITP swirl... next time I'll try a better behaved FO) and a 3 lb loaf of plain unscented soap and unmolded my cake soap from yesterday...waiting until maybe tomorrow to cut into that one. I am going to wait until I get my order in for more FO's from WSP I think (so many suppliers I can't keep them straight anymore) before I make more soap. Maybe. lol

I too am jealous of your piping skills! Your roses and leaves are so, so pretty. Can't wait to see that wine soap!

Wow, those are beautiful roses! My mother used to decorate cakes and I can't help but think of her making flowers for countless cakes... I am not sure I have the patience for all that myself. Very well done :)

The best way to learn to pipe roses is to watch all the rose piping (using frosting) videos on youtube. Then buy some cheap mayonaise and work with it. Or you could always use frosting and add some 10X sugar to it. Don't put too much soap batter in your piping bag at a time as it will be too difficult to squeeze the rose petals. I say about 1 cup at a time. Make sure you have the nailhead so you can turn your rose as you pipe it. Keep stirring the soap batter in your bowl so it will be usable.. Keep kneading the batter in your piping bag as well. Be prepared to scrap the first 6-8 roses that you pipe(I know that I did this time). It takes a long time and it is tedious work, so make sure you have plenty of time set aside to work on them.

My embeds turned out just the way I wanted them too. I am going to trim them up and use them along with my roses to finish making the soap I had envisioned in my head. Lucky for me there is a low census at the hospital so they cancelled me for the day! I figured I wouldn't be able to make my rose soap until next week. I am getting ready to line my mold and measure out my oils.

Wine Stripe Soap 011.jpg

Woohoo! I am glad you won't have to wait until next week to make your soaps! Of course there is no ulterior motive of wanting to see the finished product here ;-)

Back