Pics of my new GM/Shea Butter Dead Sea Mud/DS Salt soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NMAriel

Reaction score
I just cut my new recipe, and tested it. Wow, my hands are silky soft. It's GM & Shea Butter soap with Dead Sea Mud, and a modified coconut oil soap with Dead Sea Salt soap on the bottom. Thanks for looking.

CreamyGMSheaButterDeadSeaMudDSSaltS.jpg

x

they look great! love the two-tone color! did you wait long after you poured the salt-soap before you poured the "mud" soap?

clever concept with a half salt-half mud bar! good job!

Re: x

heartsong said:
they look great! love the two-tone color! did you wait long after you poured the salt-soap before you poured the "mud" soap?

clever concept with a half salt-half mud bar! good job!

Thanks. Well I made the salt soap first, and it thickened REAL fast. I got it into the mold and smoothed out the top. As you can see some of it is thinner than other parts, that's because it didn't "flow" into the mold like liquid. Once that was done I quickly washed up my bowls and measured, melted my oils for my gm/shea butte soap with the mud. So the salt bar sat around 30 minutes "i guess" and it was solid and the perfect first layer.

I'm pleased with this. It's my first try with this recipe.

That soap is stunning, I love the colours. I'm a bit scared of layers, do you need to do anything to get them to stick together or do they always behave?

I've always wondered about that too, do you need to spray the first layer with alcohol before pouring the second layer? i've read that somewhere.

gorgeous soap by the way! looks good enough to eat.

Beautiful!!!!! I see a yummy chocolate filling on a thick cookie base. Uhhhhh...........got some whipped cream? :lol: :lol:

Digit

Thank you. I just poured the top layer ontop of the bottom, that's it. Reading others posts about their layered soap I don't remember anything type of prep before adding the next layer.

Wow! They look great! We need scratch and sniff monitors!

Latest posts

Back