"pH adjusted beauty water"

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you suppose this is? I just saw a segment on our local news featuring a sort of local maker. Her labels said "made with pH adjusted beauty water". Is it just a label appeal thing?? I'm stumped🤔🤔

I googled "beauty water" and found this product -- Son & Park Cleansing Beauty Water and Skin Toner

It looks like a water-based toner and very mild cleanser made with rose hydrosol, witch hazel, and a huge list of minor ingredients including EOs, a dash of detergent and solubilizer, and preservative.

They tout the product as being pH adjusted -- "..Beauty Water has a pH of 4.5, effectively resetting the skin's natural pH after cleansing. ..." The citric acid near the end of the list would accomplish that.

Maybe the local maker is doing a riff on this type of product?

Ingredients in the commercial product --

Water, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Butylene Glycol,Propanediol, PEG-7 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Pentylene Glycol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Xylitol, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil,Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Water, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit/Seed Oil, Artemisia Absinthium Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Thuja Occidentalis Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Laveder)Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Mentha Piperita(Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Mentha Rotundifolia Leaf Extract, Mentha Spicata Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Origanum Majorana Leaf Extract, OriganumVulgare Leaf Extract, Pelargonium Graveolens Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, 1,2-Hexanediol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Sodium Chloride, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Octanediol, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Protease, Alcohol Denat., Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

You could say the same about your soap. Aren’t we all careful to formulate a soap that is safe for skin and hence “pH adjusted”?
I suppose, but beauty water? I'm thinking label appeal. She also stated (in the segment) that SF was all the extra goodies she adds to make the soap more beneficial to your skin (or something along those lines). I'm too honest to sell soap. LOL I don't like to be BS'd, so I don't like to do it to others. So much for my business/marketing career 🤣

I googled "beauty water" and found this product -- Son & Park Cleansing Beauty Water and Skin Toner

It looks like a water-based toner with rose hydrosol, witch hazel, and a huge list of minor ingredients including EOs, a dash of detergent and solubilizer, and preservative.

They tout the product as being pH adjusted -- "..Beauty Water has a pH of 4.5, effectively resetting the skin's natural pH after cleansing. ..." The citric acid near the end of the list would accomplish that.

Water, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Butylene Glycol,Propanediol, PEG-7 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Pentylene Glycol, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Xylitol, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil,Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Cedrus Atlantica Bark Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Water, Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Illicium Verum (Anise) Fruit/Seed Oil, Artemisia Absinthium Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Ferula Galbaniflua (Galbanum) Resin Oil, Thuja Occidentalis Leaf Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Extract, Lavandula Angustifolia (Laveder)Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Extract, Melissa Officinalis Leaf Extract, Mentha Piperita(Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Mentha Rotundifolia Leaf Extract, Mentha Spicata Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Origanum Majorana Leaf Extract, OriganumVulgare Leaf Extract, Pelargonium Graveolens Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Decyl Glucoside, 1,2-Hexanediol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Sodium Chloride, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Octanediol, Copaifera Officinalis (Balsam Copaiba) Resin, Protease, Alcohol Denat., Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol
Whoa!!! Imagine that soap bar label!

It looks like a water-based toner and very mild cleanser made with rose hydrosol, witch hazel, and a huge list of minor ingredients including EOs, a dash of detergent and solubilizer, and preservative.

I can't be sure, but I think they might have forgotten the kitchen sink. Also, what would that even smell like?

I can't be sure, but I think they might have forgotten the kitchen sink. Also, what would that even smell like?
From that list, it seems like it would smell pretty nice. Bergamot, which I love, is high on the list, but so many of those oils and extracts are ones I really very much enjoy. It looks almost like a list of ingredients in a perfume is incorporated with the other ingredients.

Back