Quantcast

Peppermint EO

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just received my order from Camden Grey and oh boy, the horror (I will explain). First off, these oils smell too good to use in our usual pest sprays. I don't even want to use them in soap because I fear the fact I won't be able to open the bottle and smell them anymore (I still might do it). What's a gal supposed to do with Peppermint EO that is reminiscent to Wrigley's gum when it was a pleasure to chew it?

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lavender and peppermint make a really nice Lavender Mint lip balm. Like Dixie Dragon I soap with it a lot. I love the Javanese Peppermint at NDA and it is really cheap

kumudini

Reaction score
Mint is a favorite, I use it in soaps, body butters, lotions, lip balms and I'm sure I will find more uses for it. The soap that's in my shower now is scented with mint and eucalyptus and I just love it.
And it's also a part of the one scent combo that DH loves, the other component being Star anise.
I love rose and mint combination in my lip balms. So there, I gave you some ideas. I know you will get more as others chime in.

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lavender and peppermint make a really nice Lavender Mint lip balm. Like Dixie Dragon I soap with it a lot. I love the Javanese Peppermint at NDA and it is really cheap
What a lovely idea (and naughty since I love the combo). I have to start dumping all my soap on unwilling family members. I need room to make new soap. :p:lol:

Peppermint EO is cheap enough that I do soap with it. Also lip balm!
I do want to get the best I can get but I'm stuck in the Northern part of the East Coast and some of the better companies (shipping wise) are further south. But I do agree and I wasn't completely complaining. I've forgotten how sweet peppermint oil can smell; it's what I fell in love with in my early 20s.

dixiedragon

Reaction score
Mint is a favorite, I use it in soaps, body butters, lotions, lip balms and I'm sure I will find more uses for it. The soap that's in my shower now is scented with mint and eucalyptus and I just love it.
And it's also a part of the one scent combo that DH loves, the other component being Star anise.
I love rose and mint combination in my lip balms. So there, I gave you some ideas. I know you will get more as others chime in.
Tell me more about the rose lipbalm!

lenarenee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree: I got a bottle of 1st distillation peppermint EO from BB and I'm so glad I did! Crisp and sweet vs menthol and medical.

I agree! Also their spearmint is excellent. I was surprised - since it was Brambeberry. I never thought their mint eo's could compete with suppliers like NDA and Mountain Rose. But eith BB's pricing and the straight minty scent - they're my fave for soaping. Mountain rose 2nd, but pricier.

kumudini

Reaction score
Tell me more about the rose lipbalm!
Hi DD, sometime ago I indulged a bit and bought myself a rose absolute, it's only a 3% dilution but still pretty expensive. I just use it in my lip balms only, as I doubt that it would come through in soaps. Anyways, it's a subtle rose scent, and the combination with peppermint is just fantastic. Did you have anything specific in mind with your question?

dixiedragon

Reaction score
Hi DD, sometime ago I indulged a bit and bought myself a rose absolute, it's only a 3% dilution but still pretty expensive. I just use it in my lip balms only, as I doubt that it would come through in soaps. Anyways, it's a subtle rose scent, and the combination with peppermint is just fantastic. Did you have anything specific in mind with your question?
I was curious if it was rose absolute or otto, or if you'd done a rose petal infusion. One recipe I saw online had rose water in lip balm, which was weird.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use CG's peppermint too. I soap with it - favorite is rosemary and mint (2:1) salt bar with some French Green Clay for a hint of color. To me is is spa like and just perfect.

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Minty salt soap is soooooo nice in the summer.
I use CG's peppermint too. I soap with it - favorite is rosemary and mint (2:1) salt bar with some French Green Clay for a hint of color. To me is is spa like and just perfect.
Great Ideas. I would need to get cracking though- Summer will be here soon and the only sexy item I want to pack for vacation is a good soap.