Peppemint Makgoelli soap with natural colorants

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btz

Reaction score

Made this on Sunday. I used makgoelli (Korean rice wine) as water substitute. I also use activated charcoal and green tea polyphenol tablets (dissolved in water) as colorants. It traced so fast I couldn't do the drop swirl that I originally plan. It ended up a bit like camouflage, so I don't really mind.

Even though I added peppermint EO, the soap still strongly smell like the makgoelli. I hope the smell will fade out soon.

I like the camo look! I'll be curious to see what the wine brings to the soap. The scent from it should fade over time.

The makgoelli scent really drives me crazy in the first week, I can smell it even on 2nd floor. It faded a lot now, but still covered the peppermint scent. Gonna try the bar soon, it'll be 2 week on Sunday.

I use it because rice water are supposedly very good on skin, and makgoelli are known to be good for skin care.

"The wine contains lysine, methionine, and histidine - amino acids that are believed to make the skin taut. It is also rich in vitamins B2 and B6, which help in restoring and whitening the skin." http://www.agrafood.co.kr/news/news_view.asp?seq=2549&category=70

But uhm, that's when consumed, I think ;).

Back