Palm oil in a POURABLE container??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJA

Reaction score
Silliest idea ever.

Did you guys know that the palm oil from Oils By Nature comes in a container that you need to pour from (small hole like a milk gallon jug)? Ummm....did someone forget that palm oil is not pourable?? LOL!! It's not a big deal, I guess. You can warm it and pour it each time (or just once into a differen't container) or cut the jug and scoop it into something more bucket-y (technical term). I just thought....how....odd. :?

Just thinking out loud...lol

I hear ya LJA , I bought 40 lbs of coconut and palm , they are in the same kind of container .What a funky little mess that makes, trying to get the oil out. I threw them in the freezer , I just attack them with a hammer and chisel to fill a smaller container.
There ought to be an easier way.

Kitn

I put mine in a pot/bucket of hot water on the stove. The oils melt and then I poured it into a scoopable container.

Columbus foods uses the same kind of containers for all of the oils I've bought from them.

Just need to warm them up in the bathtub or laundry sink filled with hot water and in a little while pour them into another wide mouth container.

Buy some cheap buckets, or get them from a local business (bakeries have them, and some other shops). With lids. Chill your bottles to ensure it's all solid and then cut them apart with an exact-o knife or carpet blade (or have someone coordinated do it). Chunk up the oils and stick in the buckets.

If you insist on keeping the oils in the bottles, to melt some warm in hot water. I would put mine (very clean outsides and very tightly closed bottles) into the washing machine as it was filling (leave the lid open so the agitation won't start). Someone sticks theirs in the dishwasher when it's still hot. Try not to generate a lot of hot water for it - waste not want not.

Back