packaging melt & pour

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boopie

Reaction score
Can corrugated paper be used to wrap M&P?

corrugatewrap_finished2.jpg

I want to know too

They look so chic.
Congratulations on 2 great looking bars of soap.

I think you can wrap soap in what ever you like however I don't know if you have to seal M P .I will want to know myself for my first venture into M @P for my spell Bound soaps.
You are trying to add to the soap's apeal and what you did there looks pretty good to me.
:wink:

Packaging Melt and Pour

I made M&P for six months before I really started down the CP path. I still make M&P, and I have a lot of fun wrapping them and making them look really appealing. I think you will want to wrap them in plastic cling type wrap or shrink wrap as soon as you unmold them. They will stay pristine that way and also will not pick up moisture from the air. You can then, of course, go on to wrap or bag them up more decoratively. I like your cardboard wraps. They look really snazzy!! With regular plastic wrap you can smell the scent, with shrink wrap you cannot. Both work really well and are quick to do and would work with this look you have!

Re: I want to know too

starduster said:
They look so chic.
Congratulations on 2 great looking bars of soap.

I think you can wrap soap in what ever you like however I don't know if you have to seal M P .I will want to know myself for my first venture into M @P for my spell Bound soaps.
You are trying to add to the soap's apeal and what you did there looks pretty good to me.
:wink:

I didn't make those starduster; just using the pic to show what I meant; sorry. I love that look, but I don't know if it'd be good for M&P.

thanks for the wrap information, Rita. I will do that first, but I still think I'm doing the corrugated wrap with natural hemp string, or even bale twine if I can find it.

I've done RTCP, but since getting a pretty hyper dog, I don't feel comfortable doing it with her around. So, I'm happy making lotions, butters, bath bags, lip balms and M&P.

Dang, I wish I had made those two bars, lol... but, I promise to post mine when I do them!

You will want to wrap them air tight forst, probably in saran wrap. M&P shrinks & cracks when left out in the air. It may also attract moisture out of th air & get sticky then your paper would be a gooey sticky mess.

Latest posts

Back