Packaging/labeling

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I'm working out how to package my soap (even if it's not sold right now, just for friends)....I came up with a sleeve, label and an address sticker on the back with contact info....I thought it looked cute and it allows people to handle the soap without getting it on their hands, yet the top is open so they can see/smell the soap.

Then someone asked me....won't the exposed top get dirty?

Hummmm.....maybe outside, trying to sell this stuff on a dusty road, yeah it would. Thoughts?

Anyone have dusty soap?

How about those outside selling soap? Problems?

What am I missing here?

I have different packaging depending on where my soap is going to be sold.

For craft fairs, I keep my soap on the rack (covered with a very light plastic sheet to keep dust off) until a few days before, then I package with a cigar band label. Any soap that doesn't sell will go back on the covered rack after.

For wholesale accounts and online orders, I use clear cello bags with air holes punched in them (I make CP and it needs to breeeathe!) I use clear labels on the bags and stick them shut with a round gold sticker.

For guest sized soaps for B&B's, etc. I use a small cigar band label because they will get used up fast.

:)

Latest posts

Back