package and ship sweaty soap??

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rounds3

Reaction score
I have been using a black soap base from naturesgardencandels.com because it is the only way I have found to produce real black soap. The problem with it is that it is super 'sweaty'. Even the base will sweat after I have taken it out of the wrapper before it is melted. I don't put the soap in the freezer or anything and wrap it as soon as it is hard in clingwrap, but even then it sweats under the wrap-

Is there any way of preventing this? Is there any way of curing it or anything so it will stop sweating? and I will be selling and shipping these, I don't want my product to get to the customer covered in sweat crystals! Any advice?

If it is sweating straight out of it's wrap, I am thinking I would switch bases & get one I did not have to try and figure out how to fix.

I agree about switiching bases. It sounds like you definitely need a low sweat base since you are dealing with so much humidity.

You may also want to replace the clingwrap with cellophane. Clingwrap lets odor seep out over time so it probably lets some moisture in as well.

Latest posts

Back