ouch!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Zing Junior's annual Christmas gift is a book of memes that poke fun at our family members. Most have us rolling on the floor laughing. However, some cut pretty close to home....

IMG_20231225_103158_709~2.jpg

oh nooooooooo! that is sooooo sad! I'm sure it's well-intended, good-natured ribbing, and also capitalizing on a funny and popular meme.

It's difficult to detect tone in a post, so I'm not sure if "cutting close to home" is a serious comment or not. If it is, honor it.

I've learned to listen to my family and friends when they crack the same joke at me more than once... time for me to wake up and change things for the better. (Then again, just yesterday, it was opined that when it comes to stacking the dishwasher, Mr. E is like a Scandinavian architect whereas I am likened to a raccoon on crystal meth... so... )

Just so you know, this is coming from someone who easily could put Mr. E in "Mom"'s place, and a half dozen things in "Soap forum".... Lawd, I don't know how that man tolerates me some days!

You are blessed to have a family that communicates, even if it is via memes :)

Last edited:
I'm going to assume the best that this meme from Zing Jr. is good-natured ribbing.

Yes, of course yes, do check with Mom to confirm. But from what you have shared with us about Mrs. Zing, I bet she just loves to see you enjoying this hobby, as well as your SMF friends/fans that come along with it. That's how I feel about Mr. Oop - it gives me joy to see him experiencing joy in something that is creative and fun for him.

(The fact that this also leaves me time for my own creative fun has NOTHING to do with that, btw... purely unselfish motives on my part because that's just how I am. Oh, and I have a bridge for sale...)

Rest assured that Mrs. Zing and I are solid, we're tight! I made her her favorite foot balm for Christmas, okay?! There are (have been) worse things to occupy one's time as compared to this wholesome and educational Forum. 😬

Yeah, Zing Junior is one to talk. Surprisingly there were a couple of memes that were aimed at himself, #SelfAwareness. He's a good kid, we are blessed. And he's my hook-up for honey and beeswax!

Latest posts

Back