Osmanthus FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TessC

Reaction score
I joined The Soap Scent Review Board forum, and it's been a fantastic source of information so far. I'm trying to track down an osmanthus FO that is true to the flowers, and the reviewers there said that the Cybilla version carried by Bramble Berry is very accurate.

Yay! I looked over the BB site, and ended up sending an email. I received a reply just now saying that they no longer carry that FO as part of their regular line, but I could still order it. The downside is that it's a special order and would need to be a 10lb minimum purchase. :shock:

Since that's not an option, has anyone here soaped a different osmanthus that smells like real osmanthus? The others listed on the review forum (Sweet Cakes and Tradewinds) were described as being inaccurate, so I'm hoping that someone here had a lead on a good one.

Thanks in advance! That's my absolute favorite scent in the entire world, I have a pair of osmanthus fragrans shrubs planted by our front porch just so I can smell them when I open the door, lol.

:D

Back