Ordered a tank! (Pictures added!)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacey

Reaction score
Ordered my Tank today! Whooo-hoo! Happy Dance, Happy Dance!

Finally...consistent sized bars! Right now I've got a sorta mitre box type thing that my DH made for me...it was great as a starter but I was getting various weights on my bars. Anywhere from under 3 ounces to over 5 ounces. :( I didn't like that. I'm too anal for that.

They are 10 business days out on their orders but that's ok! It's on-order!

Ok...sorry...just had to share my good news with people who can understand my level of happiness! You may now return to your regularly schedule program already in progress! LOL!

you will love it more than you do your DH. trust me. (and you will fondle it and get great satisfaction from it)

carebear said:
you will love it more than you do your DH. trust me. (and you will fondle it and get great satisfaction from it)
haha - I love your way with words carebear!!

I love my hobby cutter I got from FCS years ago.
Now if I could just get back to making decent soap, it'd be awesome. LOL

Oooh, congratulations! That is very exciting, I was looking at them last week, they are just wow.

carebear said:

Yep this...worth every cent! You will love and adore it. :D

Green soap is green with envy!

........gone to cut my mint eucalyptus loaf with my miter box and dough scrapper.....sigh...

carebear said:

*snort* :D That's hilarious. I told the DH what you said...he says: "If you're gonna fondle anything it had better be me..." LOL!

Please, don't be too green with envy with my purchase. This little gadget is partial Christmas present/Valentines present from DH and the saving of my own pennies. I work with stained and warm glass too so some of the $$$ from that is what went toward the purchase.

That's how I get most of my goodies. I worked them off in glass. I bought a small glass kiln that way too. In fact, I call my little business "feeding the habit" I make stuff to sell so I can buy more supplies to make more stuff. Effectively feeding that creation addiction habit I have. :wink:

I thought I'd show a picture of my Tank on it's inaugural cutting!

I love him. I've named him Sherman. My husband will be building Sherman his own special parking garage (shelf) in my soap storage cabinet. Sherman gets his own space all to himself so that he doesn't get hurt while he's not being used.

This was a batch of shea butter soap scented with Sweetcakes "Grapefruit and Ginger" colored with Celestial Colors.

The second soap is "Basil, Sage and Mint" from NG and colored with CC too.

These are very pretty soaps! Sherman is pretty handsome too.

Can you get those with adjustable wire spacings? I need 7/8 of an inch and then 1 1/8 inch. No way jose?

Hooray!!! We've had ours for some time now and it is still a thrill to use it. I love the sound of the strings as they pluck out the bottom of the loaf!!

Thanks everyone! It's nice that ya'll think ol' Sherm is lookin' good and all but hands off ladies! He's MINE! :D!

I think Carebears initial statement of "fondling" did come into play once or twice since Sherman landed on my doorstep. :roll:

debbism: I love that sound too!

Greensoap: I don't know know if they'd come adjustable. You could check with Forcraftssake. They're pretty friendly folks on the phone...Easy to talk to.

Congratulations! He's a handsome devil and I can see you're going to be happily led into temptation. Is there going to be jealousy issues between Sherman and your husband? :lol:

Your soap is beautiful, too.

Congratulations, and your soap looks beautiful!

I have the same question as greensoap. There's a custom cutter inquiry page on their website, but the submit button isn't functional anymore. I emailed them directly to ask if they were still taking custom orders, but I haven't received a response yet. I need 1.25" spaces. Love the thicker bars. Anyone know if they're still doing custom?

Anywho, congrats again on the tank! Is that the commercial cutter or the advanced cutter, by the way? I thought they came with a base of aluminum or wood or somesuch.

Edit: Woo, Byron from craft's sake just emailed me back and confirmed that they still do custom orders on tanks. With a 1.25" cutting space, the Commercial Cutter is $310.00 and the Advanced Cutter is $270.00.

Back