Orange Soap and Lavender Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogwoodrose

Reaction score
I am still new here but thought I would share a couple of my recent soaps. I enjoy seeing what the rest of you have been doing.

This one is scented with sweet orange and clove bud essential oils; I used paprika to give it the nice orange color.

This one is scented with a blend of Lavender 40/42 and Lemon essential oils; I used alkanet root infused in olive oil for the color.

I hope the pictures come through okay. It is my first time uploading pictures.

they are lovely this is very interesting paprika color gave me light pink and not orange like yours :)

I love the natural colouring methods you use! Am planning to do the same myself, but am a bit worried about how the colours will stay on a longer time. Can you keep us updated about what time does to the coulours?

Beautiful! Did you infuse the oil with paprika to get it that deep of an orange?

These two soaps have been curing for four weeks (at the time of the picture). I have a couple others made the same way that have kept their color for 3 months so far.

I added the paprika powder directly to a reserved portion of the raw soap (1 tsp per cup of soap). It has worked for me although I don't like to add too much of any spice powder otherwise it will be scratchy.

They're both beautiful. I have some alkanet root powder, but have only tried it once. Need to pull it back out of the cupboard!

dogwoodrose said:
I added the paprika powder directly to a reserved portion of the raw soap (1 tsp per cup of soap). It has worked for me although I don't like to add too much of any spice powder otherwise it will be scratchy.

Very beautiful soaps. I was wondering about the texture of the Paprika.

Back