Orange Creamsicle Funnel Swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ashley, did you dilute yours (color)? I've been using it straight but and toying with the idea of doing the dilution.

LJA said:
Ashley, did you dilute yours (color)? I've been using it straight but and toying with the idea of doing the dilution.

Yep I used it diluted (I only bought the 2oz. premixed kind to test them out!) This was a 3.25 batch of oils and I used the entire 2oz. bottle of colour. :O BUT - I had 2 tsp. of titanium dioxide in there too since there's vanilla in the FO (and I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't darken over the next few weeks!)

I'm impressed with the lab colours though. Definitely going to buy more - probably the concentrated ones next time.

ashley:

i'm assuming you added the TDO to the white portion to make it very white but did you also add some to the orange portion to give it a creamy orange color, ie to blend w/ the orange? thanks!

rubato456 said:
ashley:

i'm assuming you added the TDO to the white portion to make it very white but did you also add some to the orange portion to give it a creamy orange color, ie to blend w/ the orange? thanks!

I added the titanium dioxide to the whole batch (even the part I was colouring orange). The FO I used had vanilla in it so I figured I'd better be safe than sorry and add TD to the whole thing - otherwise the orange may have turned an ugly brownish colour. :(

It's been a few days now and so far the white parts are still white and the orange, still orange! I'm lucky! :D

you did a fabulous job....i'm keeping on looking at these soaps they are so gorgeous!!

You know, I have some "Dreamsicle" here (same thing) that I got from WSP awhile ago that contains 2% vanilla. I've been afraid to use it because of the browning vanilla does. Since yours didn't, maybe mine won't....hmmm.

Ashley
how do you cut your bars? they look so straight and perfect and yummy.

Latest posts

Back