One pot wonder tools

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am very impressed with what I am seeing in the one-pot wonder threads. I have tried but think I need a better bowl with a handle for this technique. I usually soap in a 3qt saucepan which I like but the bottom is so wide I wasn't impressed when I tried. Also, there is no spout. So, what is your favorite bowl to use that will hold a 3 pound recipe size?

Last edited:
If you search on youtube for one pot wonder you can see all of the different ways that they have poured. I want to think if you look for Tree Marie she shows a couple ways she she poured or at least goes into how the different ways worked. I personally haven't tried it yet as I am just getting back into soaping after not being able to soap for a year and a half due to a frozen shoulder and 5 surgeries for kidney stones.

If that’s total batch weight, I’m fairly certain that I can mix that much batter in the $1 spouted batter bowl from the Dollar Store. The bowl itself is a bit flimsy, so it might require a two-handed pour, which would make it harder to adjust the angle of the mold while in progress. I think a used Rubbermaid type pitcher from the thrift store would work well. They’re sturdy and have a handle and a spout.

I can do 3lbs in the $1 spouted batter bowl from the Dollar Store, but it is quite full and quite heavy. It helped to put the tilted mold right at the edge of the counter, so that part of the bowl was below the edge of the counter and didn't have to be hoisted up as high to get the pour started.

Back