OMH swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TessC

Reaction score
I've not been making much soap lately, too much other stuff going on in my life and keeping me distracted, but I did finally soap BB's OMH the other night and I really, really like that scent.

r52Ut.jpg

It's a bit darker now and will probably end up even more of a brown color, but I added just a tiny bit of TD to the entire batch and then used extra td for the swirl, so it's a neat creamy contrast.

That is soooo lovely, Tess! Such an incredible swirl.

Hope life is getting on track. :)

That's so beautiful Tess!

Question about TD ... how do you mix it? With something and then into your soap batter? I've tried it twice and both times I couldn't get all the lumps out and had almost decided to give the whole idea away ... but your soap makes me want to try again.

Gosh..that is one of the best swirls Ive seen and I LOVE that neutral color!! Great job!

Thanks, guys. :D I'll definitely post more pics once it finishes darkening up.

Dragonkaz, I use the water dispersible TD and mix it up with a little bit of boiling water in a small jar, shake the snot out of it and then open the cap to let it cool. Once it's cooled to room temp, I shake the snot out of it again and add to my soap batter as needed. I only mix very small amounts (one or two batches at most) at a time but have toyed with the idea of picking up a preservative and making slightly larger batches for convenience.

Back