Ok my second soap :)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosey

Reaction score
Ok here it is. I think I put way too much honey almond EO in it. It smells really really strong. Maybe it will dissipate some as it cures.

I made this in a regular glass baking loaf mold and that's why it's not very square but I'm just trying recipes so really aesthetics right now isn't my focus (and it's not all that pretty, i know)

It's a honey almond oatmeal with palm, coconut, castor, sweet almond oil, shea butter and palm kernels. Then I added oatmeal, honey and the honey almond EO at trace.

I had to try the bubble wrap (I put it on all sides) :D

I like the color but I know it will change some (not sure to what though).

I did notice something though, there are white chunks in it. Not many but a few. What are they and what did I do wrong? All the oils were melted real nicely together.

HPIM1067.jpg

HPIM1068.jpg

HPIM1071.jpg

It looks AWESOME!! I love that honeycomb look.... I did one like that about a week ago!

I also like how your bars are chunky and not perfectly cut. I think it adds to the honeycomb look! :)

My honey soap is slowly turning brown on me. It was nice like yours at first but it is heading into the dark brown department. Sigh!

Honey soap is one of my personal favourites and I have had some that went really dark brown, but I still love them and I even love the dark brown look. I totally love the presentation on this batch - it so looks like honeycomb and I love the uneven look, it totally suits the whole thing! Nice job!!!!

Thanks guys! I love that uneven look to it as well, it does look like honey just taken from the honeycomb!

It does smell super strong. I put 1.4oz/2pounds, was that too much? Maybe for this EO it is.

Any ideas on the white spots in the soap? You can see one on the last picture, top left soap.

Woo Hoo it's perfect
Just you wait till it's finished curing and it's all lathery and moisturisng and smells great!!
You are now inducted in the best hobby of all time!

I'm doing a mango one tomorrow i think.

Here are the spots. There aren't many just a few here and there.

spots-1.jpg

And will the smell mellow down...ooo. I can only take so much almond but my daughter loves it. But I'll still try it for the feel of the soap.

Rosey that looks great! I am so impressed. You have made me want to get started sooner than I planned. I can't wait to see the others.

Back