Ok, I'm a newbie and I feel like I'm asking a question that's been answered many time

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yadonm

Reaction score
I'm really not a dork but I feel like one

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Well, I am a dork b/c my question got sent to some strange place never to be heard from again. My question was when I am adding pigments to cp soap, when do I add them and how do I calculate them? If using something like castor oil can I add it to that?

When using oxides, I save a little oil from the batch and mix it the oixde with that. You can mix some colorants with a little glycerin. I then add at thin trace.

That's what I thought but I wasn't sure if that would mess with the calc. Especially if you are using a couple of colors. Thanks for you response. I love soaping and I dream it, read it, think about it all the time. Hi, my name is Peggy and I'm hooked on soaping!

I asked this question yesterday and was able to experiment today. I was successful with my first color try. I premixed my colors with glycerine and stored them in a squeeze bottle. I added a 1/2 tsp colorant- oxide to 1/3 cup of glycerine per soap queen. It worked beautifully.

Thanks. I love the idea of a squeeze bottle.

Latest posts

Back