oil's vitamins in hp soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalia

Reaction score
lately, I hear some opinions that cp is better than hp because it keeps all the vitamins of the oils. What do you think about it??

CP soap goes through saponification. Hot processing just speeds up the process, so I don't think there would be much difference in what is left in the soap.

I think that maybe on the heat of the hp some of the vitamins that are in the oils are ruined. I personally prefer the hp, and I think that it's not that crucial, the vitamins, because anyway, the soap does not remain on the skin. but I see that sometimes people who marketing their cp soap use this argument.

If you value the vitamins in your oils, don't use them for soap.
That wraps it up nicely, IMHO. The only exception might be vitamin E (tocopherol), BUT not in the sense that it's good for you, but for the soap (contribution to the oxidative stability of unsaturated fatty acids, i. e. delaying DOS/rancidity).

That wraps it up nicely, IMHO. The only exception might be vitamin E (tocopherol), BUT not in the sense that it's good for you, but for the soap (contribution to the oxidative stability of unsaturated fatty acids, i. e. delaying DOS/rancidity).
True, but that's one out of... *tries counting vitamins by going through alphabet, gives up on the types of vitamin B*... a lot. There's a lot more vitamins that don't survive lye than vitamins that do. And vitamin E is good for your skin, but soap doesn't give it a chance to absorb well or help much, even if you pour extra into your soap.

Latest posts

Back