Oil bath bombs?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rupertspal42

Reaction score
Laying here in bed watching NCIS I was randomly thinking.. is there a way to make homemade Oil bath beads? You know the little ones with the paintball like shell with the oil filling? Has anyone else ever wondered this? Has anyone tried this? I'd like to know.. I googled the heck outta the internet one night and couldn't find anything but the powder bombs lol From what i've read though the paintball skin is alot like the skin on the oil beads.. but I wouldn't try that b/c don't want to be orange or something weird happen lmao :?:

Oil Bath Beads

i was wondering the same thing. I want to try them so bad but it seems impossible. Have you gotten it yet?

I have seen a recipe, they are not the pretty ones like you are talking about, but they are little balls that when they disolve they turn to oil. I don't remember where I saw them though. Maybe on this forum...

I couldn't imagine how to make them, but I think the shell is actually a glycerin capsule, tho perhaps some sort of starch.

the ones you can find instructions for are really just cornstarch or milk or whatever and oil, I think

hmmm i think we may be on to something.. you think something like a gel capsule would work? like the ones that you put vit e oil and stuff into? i'm sure i could find them pretty big lmao :twisted:

My oldest DS used to be a big paintball addict....so I can tell you up to 2 years ago they made hollow shells for you to inject your own paint into....don't ask me why, that I have no clue about! :roll: BUT...now, well now, it sounds like a perfectly lovely idea, hollow paintball shells filled with delicious smelling oil, that is a whole nother animal all together! 8)
Anna

Back