Quantcast

OH NO

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

bevvy

Reaction score
This is my second time of saying Hi as a newbie. I decided to use my mould with 12 squares. I placed premade stars in the middle of squares. One colour I made last week and the other two colours 1 - 2 hours before making base. When I poured the clear base around the stars, my star I made last week is ok, but the ones I made today have slowly melted. But not all the way. Have I poured the Base tooooooo early. HELP!!! :cry:

G

Hi -

I would guess too early yes and maybe too hot. Hang in there! We learn from our mistakes. :)

reallyrita

Reaction score
I'm guessing you are making M&P. I have had some experience with that. It helps if your inserts are not freshly made, also, if you put them in the freezer for a few minutes while you are preparing your base and then spritz them with rubbing alcohol before putting them into the molds that will help too. Also, a good idea to let the base cool down somewhat before pouring. Good Luck! If this is CP...I have no idea!!

bevvy

Reaction score
Thanks guys

How long should I wait to pour. I waited nearly 5mins. And yes it is M & P. I want to master this way before using Lye. I don't want to have exploding in the house just yet.
:)

Chay

Reaction score
A good rule of thumb for pouring over embeds: You should be able to stick your finger in the base and it not be uncomfortably hot.

bevvy

Reaction score
Thanks Chay

I will give that a try. And let you know :wink:

Latest posts