Oh God, Do I Have To Do This !!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zgrumpyoldman

Reaction score
Fine. My name is Ben and I am becoming a Soapaholic.
Eight months ago I was researching wet shaving and shaving soaps and I was led to two forums. One forum is about wet shaving and the other is this forum. I have been a Lurker all this time and since I have access to pure and high grade of EVOO , I made few batches of Castiles and Bastilles with success.
There is more story to this, but I choose to share it in the future. God I have a headache already and have no clue why I am doing this. Ok, its nice meeting you all. You all are lovely and wonderfull, lets hold our hands together and make a flower.
Oh, I forgot to thank every member of this forum who contributed to my learning of soap making, specially those who don't use the term YMMV.

Ben

download.jpg Ben

Fine. My name is Ben and I am becoming a Soapaholic.
Eight months ago I was researching wet shaving and shaving soaps and I was led to two forums. One forum is about wet shaving and the other is this forum. I have been a Lurker all this time and since I have access to pure and high grade of EVOO , I made few batches of Castiles and Bastilles with success.
There is more story to this, but I choose to share it in the future. God I have a headache already and have no clue why I am doing this. Ok, its nice meeting you all. You all are lovely and wonderfull, lets hold our hands together and make a flower.
Oh, I forgot to thank every member of this forum who contributed to my learning of soap making, specially those who don't use the term YMMV.

Ben
Hi Ben, Welcome!

LOL! Welcome, Ben

IrishLass :)
IrishLass , You had me by Castor oil.

Eight months ago, when I was researching shaving soap, on a search engine, there was a post that led me to this great forum. The topic was Castor oil and Naoh in shaving soap and the discussion was between you and Psfred, another great man who taught me a lot in this forum and the other Wet shaving forum. Anyway, I believed in your recipe back then, and I believe in your contributions to this forum always. Thank you

Hi Ben!

I am fairly new to soaping myself and am already in need of a 12-step soapaholic program. I give away a LOT of soap but not sure it is appreciated which is kind of discouraging.

And to that I say “oh well”. Perhaps I am Grumpy.Old.Lady :)

Best, Gaye

"...specially those who don't use the term YMMV...."

Apparently you and I will have to agree to disagree on this point. YMMV is a good shorthand for a cumbersome, convoluted explanation, so the acronym comes in awfully handy from time to time.

Here's a warm welcome anyways. I hope you have a good time here.

Welcome Ben! I am a cranky, but usually happy old lady! I am looking at shaving soaps to add to my line. I met a man who turns wood into shaving bowls, he complained that most Soapers use a mold that is too big in diameter for a standard shaving bowl. I have a mold that comes out at 2.25" that should be close to the bowl norm.

Ask any questions you may have. This is a very nice group.

Latest posts

Back