Odd Question but HELP NEEDED...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omasfavorite

Reaction score
I've been asked to be on our local news station, to do an interview. During the interview, I will need to show a short demo of me making soap.

I'll have 30 minutes of taping time, so I'll need to demo as they do on cooking and crafting shows, swapping out stuff for a further processed version, etc.

My question is: I plan to mix the lye and oils prior to filming. How long can I leave them unmixed (poured together, but not blended w/ my stick blender) w/o ruining the potential soap batch?
Would it be the equivalent of blending by spoon which takes a while?

I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around how to pull this off. And an equally difficult time trying to explain the dilemma that I feel. :eh:

I would just soap RT... it could be beneficial too to show how you "suit up" before you start soaping

That was how I was going to approach it first, because I was first given an hour to shoot. With a shortened time and my apprehension on the lye - well, I talked myself out of it.

Back