Ocean Sunset

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcandleattic

Reaction score
Too bad this one over heated, almost volcanoed and melted the gold off the seashells! HA - I'm going to try and fix it tonight before I cut it. We'll see. But here it is right after I poured and it was ready to saponify.

20180610_171426.jpg

It is still very pretty. I love the wave over the shells
Yeah, this pic was when it looked "good".
I'm so happy that you "got" that it was supposed to be a wave over the seashells. That's exactly what I was going for, but had never done anything like that so I was winging it. LOL

Thanks all for the compliments on the above pic. Here are the "after catastrophe" pics though.

First, what it looked like after the overheating - as you can see the wave fell, the m&p melted, and the gold for the most part looks horrid... :(

Then I tried to fix it, by removing the melted pool of m&p, and redoing the gold mica. Okay, but not great at all -

And then there is the cut - BLEH. I like the cut better than the fixed pic, but it's still drab.

Also, because it overheated, it has that ammonia smell to it like you get when you scorch gm with lye. (there is no milk in this soap!!) So we'll see what it smells like after the cure.

Awww. Sorry that happened. It has happened to me too! The cut bars look really awesome- that blue is gorgeous!

Latest posts

Back