Oatmeal Milk & Honey

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carebear

Reaction score
There are so many options for this scent type and they can be so different.
I now have Scent Works' OMH and to ME it's too cloying.

Suggestions?

I really like the one from Tony's. I've used WSP (OK) and the original soap dish (Too sweet, and had a chemically 'aftertaste').

I bought one from BB recently and I am most disappointed as I find the scent overpowering and artificial-smelling, and it does not remind me of oatmeal or milk or honey! :?

I haven't yet found one that isn't too sweet and cloying, So I do an original, adding oatmeal, goats' milk and honey.....it's faint in scent, but rather nice.

Manda said:
I bought one from BB recently and I am most disappointed as I find the scent overpowering and artificial-smelling, and it does not remind me of oatmeal or milk or honey! :?

Has it cured yet? I hate BB's out of the bottle, but it is my favorite (and best seller) in soaps, lotions, and butters. I use no more than .5 or .7 ppo for CP or it's too strong. .25 ppo for MP, even less for lotions, etc.

SilverMaple said:
Manda said:

Has it cured yet? I hate BB's out of the bottle, but it is my favorite (and best seller) in soaps, lotions, and butters. I use no more than .5 or .7 ppo for CP or it's too strong. .25 ppo for MP, even less for lotions, etc.

I agree this one was very strong OOB but mellowed nicely. Actually a family favorite now.

SilverMaple said:
Manda said:

I used it in MP so maybe it is better suited to CP!?

After trying OMH from probably 8 diff places I finally fell in love w/ Bitter Creek North's. I could drink it! I have carried it for 7 or 8 years now. I would be willing to send you sniffie if you like.

I just made a batch with Crafters Choice OMH Fragrance Oil from WSP. It has a distinctive almond component but so far I like it alot.

i have tried many of this scent also, none i like too much, people still buy it though. I do have aroma havens in my soap cottage now, it smells really good in bottle, but that is sometimes misleading too. tell us if you like bittercreek.

Manda said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I thought it was disgusting after I soaped it CP. However, I picked up an old piece that was sitting on the bathroom shelf and had a sniff and thought it had improved greatly after nearly a year. Here's hoping yours improves with time too. :wink:

im really liking aroma havens also, i wrote in my notes i liked bb, then another batch i said i didnt, so I dont know about that???!

Latest posts

Back