Oatmeal Milk & Honey soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon_m

Reaction score
So I've made my first Oatmeal Milk & Honey soap. I did use about 1 oz for 2 lbs of oil of BB's OMH FO. I used a few milks including Goat's milk and some white clay and silk and some finely ground oatmeal inside. I topped the soap with whole oatmeal sprinkled a bit of cinnamon for color and drizzled with honey. Testing out my new formula and already I can't wait to try it! Here are some pics in the mold. Hopefully I'll get to cut it tomorrow and I'll take cut pics too.

Before I fine-tuned the top

img_0263-170.jpg

Added a bit of texture on the sides

img_0264-171.jpg

Had a bit left over, so made two star ones

img_0266-172.jpg

Looks good enough to eat!

Thank you, smells delicious too!

Reminds me of a cold winter breakfast served warm and fresh! :) can't wait to see it cut!

When I think of Oatmeal I always think it smells hot, creamy and always includes a touch of cinnamon. I'm hoping that the scent comes through just a little, but even if it doesn't it looks good!

Definitely edible! It looks amazing. :)

Thank you =)

I'm so impatient I want to cut it now... I have to eventually go and take it into the back room and forget about it or else I'll keep going and peeking at it and poking it lol

Looks beautiful! I've never put honey on the top. Does it get hard or stay sticky? I bet it smells wonderful!

I'm so impatient I want to cut it now... I have to eventually go and take it into the back room and forget about it or else I'll keep going and peeking at it and poking it lol

I know the feeling, I just poured mine and I want to fast forward til tomorrow so I can unmold it :)

Nom nom nom!

I know right? It's taken every ounce of willpower not to lick my fingers when I poke the top (ack! I can't stop poking my soap lol)

Looks beautiful! I've never put honey on the top. Does it get hard or stay sticky? I bet it smells wonderful!

I don't know, this is a first for me. I've seen other people do it though. We shall see. Either way I'm not too worried, it'll all wash off anyway.

I know the feeling, I just poured mine and I want to fast forward til tomorrow so I can unmold it :)

Did you take and post "in the mold" pics of your first soap??????

I LOVE this combo! the idea of warm oatmeal, spicy cinnamon, creamy milk and sweet honey is making my drool...

I'm loving it, I just love oatmeal. Funny thing too... one of my first memories of Kindergarten was meeting our Principal Mr. Trimble... I remember being in the lunch line (went to half-day so it must have been some sort of orientation or something) and he was in front of me. He smelled just like oatmeal and I remember asking him if he used oatmeal soap. How would a 5 year old even know about oatmeal soap? My parents (as well as I know) have never used oatmeal soap. How strange is that?

Latest posts

Back