Oatmeal chamomile GM soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cindymeredith

Reaction score
I ordered a chamomile FO and thought it would be really nice to add that and oatmeal to my GM soap base. Does anyone know of a recipe that might be out there or has anyone done this themselves? I would assume that I don't use instant oatmeal as this would just cook in the base but besides that I'm clueless. I've never added anything but FO and color to my soaps so this is new territory for me. I'm going for this soap and the coffee soap as soon as the new FOs come in. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much!

I just poured oatmeal two days ago.
I used Quaker Oatmeal from the grocery store. I just picked the slowest cooking one... which is to say its regular oatmeal, not the 1 minute kind.

The bar looks fine to me, but I haven't tried it in the shower yet. The only think I don't know is when and if the oatmeal would start to either react (like when you get it in the shower, will it start to react with the water?) or rot.....

So, that's probably not much help.. lol

The first soap I ever made was with oatmeal. I used the instant kind. I don't have the actual recipe with me, but basically, I did this:

2.5 ounces GM M&P soap from BB
added 1/2 tspn honey, melted with the soap in the microwave
added 1/2 tspn coarsely chopped oatmeal
added Oatmeal, Milk, Honey FO

For the oatmeal, I stirred it in last and mixed it until the soap almost set. That way, the oatmeal suspends. I poured it, and at least 1 month later, the oatmeal has NOT turned soggy or brown in the soap. However when you use it, it will get a little soft.

Back