Nut oil warnings?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJA

Reaction score
In products that contain tree nut oils, do you guys put a label on with an allergy warning of some sort? I'm thinking no because if you singled out every possible reaction, you'd have labels for days. I wanted to ask though.
Thanks and good morning! :D

I put an * warning on my lotions and creams because these stay on the skin unlike soap which gets washed off right away,but I suppose a May Contain Nut Oils on everything is not a bad idea. :)

carolyn, those with nut or peanut allergies need to be concerned with ALL products that contain these ingredients - including soap.

This said, my labels are very simple and easy to read so I only include a clear and full ingredient list and no warning statement.

It's funny that you asked this question because I was JUST thinking about that this morning, as my brother's girlfriend is allergic to tree nuts and I was gonna make her some lotion today and give her some soap.

I'm thinking that people with allergies like this probably look at the ingredients on everything so as not to have a reaction... I'm going to ask her today!

As a parent of a kid with nut allergies, any warning is appreciated. I have taught our whole extended family to read everything and ask before dd is allowed it. With saying that one derm dr she had was recommended a cream that they sold. IT reacted severely to dd skin, turned it red within 2 mins from contact. Turned out it had macedonia nut oil in it. Dr had her full records with her allergies listed. Have learned to ask and ask. Not worth her pain or possibly worse.

A list of ingredients is sufficent, most people with this allergy or parent will know to read for possible hazard.

THANKS!!

Most of my products contain tree nut oils. I do not put a warning label on my products. However, my tree nut oils are the very first ingredients listed on my labels for clear visibility.

As my soaps are labeled with all ingredients as well as my lotions I add the extra warning on lotions becuse they stay on the skin.

as a mother of someone with allergies i check the label eery time. the weirdest things can have a particular oil in them that cause reactions. even if there was no warning, i'd always read the label. most with allergies do in my experience

I had been thinking about this same issue lately. It crossed my mind to put "May contain nut traces" on all my soaps just as a precautionary measure like they do with chocolate bars etc. I would like to think I do my best in keeping all ingredients etc seperate from those that may be harmful to those with allergies but I would rather be safe than sorry. Maybe i'm being paranoid. :roll:

As someone with serious allergies (citrus not nuts) I read everything on a label. My mom has the nut allergies and she does the same - so my labels are done in plain English and INCI (INCI to CMA with Gov't regs). The only warning I put on my labels is "For External Use Only" as per my insurance company's request.

Back