Nut lovers soap (cut pics added)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaliChan

Reaction score
So I'm really impatient when I try new things. I made it up last night. This is still waaaaaay to soft to cut. But I'm pretty proud of it already. If I'm patient enough to wait till tomorrow to cut then I'll post the cut pictures tomorrow. If not then it will be later tonight :lol:
This is 70% nut oils and butters 30% lard.
20130329_150239.jpg

Wow that looks good enough to eat! Lol. I'm sure it probably doesn't taste as good as it looks though. Great job ;)

20130331_134011.jpg
Thanks guys :) I forgot to mention that I also added some black walnut hull to help color it.
I think they turned out very nice. Just a couple more weeks till I can bevel them and shine them up ;)

After they've cured for about 4 weeks and the bars are nice and hard I shine them with an old T-shirt to make the surfaces smooth and consistent

These are beautiful and I bet they smell wonderful also! Does the black walnut hull darken the soap and make it the darker brown color? Thank you for the tip on finishing off soaps once they are done curing also :) I keep learning more every day I am here!

Yes they still smell nice and nutty
I hope they stay that way but you never know for sure when you don't add an EO
The batter was very nice and brown but I added the walnut hull to help brown it up some more and give it a bit of a spackle
I also wanted something to go along with the walnut butter I added. They're already pretty hard. By far the toughest bars I've cut so far.

AGGG! love! I do not know what is black walnut hull ... Maybe it black walnut tincture? I never saw him here (Spain) ... but I'm newbie. Where to find it?

I got it in the health food store. They are in little gell capsules. I believe its used for digestive health but don't quote me on that one cause I'm not totally sure. Its sold online as well

Its not a essential oil, oil or a fragrance oil. Its just simply powdered down black walnut shells.
2013-03-31-16-55-58-562806463.jpeg

2013-03-31-16-56-02--656637464.jpeg

Although there may be an essential oil out there for it. Or an oil version of it. I just used the powder form from the capsules

Back