November soaps... pic heavy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohsoap

Reaction score
GM lavender Orange - I don't like how the color came out on this one. it's a bit dark, and the top volcano'd a bit. Next time I will try to prevent get to get a lighter color.
soaps023.jpg

Lemongrass w/ Lard
I was trying to layer my colors but my peice of cardboard moved so this is what I ended up with. I'm finding that the EO faded rather quickly but was very strong at first. I've decided that it's taking so long to harden up because of my lye concentration. My new batches will be at 33% from now on.
soaps025.jpg

Coconut w/ Lard
Made with my new slab mold, this is my first swirl attempt!
coconut.jpg

coconut-1-1-1.jpg

Lavender - using our new bar sizes, still a bit skinny for my liking, but a beautiful soap. I'm so Proud!
soaps013.jpg

This one is from last month... but I'm camera happy so I thought I would include it.
Cocoa Butter Unscented
soaps008-1.jpg

Those ones were done with a measuring tape and my regular soap blade, so they are all differnt sizes. I just picked up a 12inch drywall scrapper and its perfect!

great job! awesome swirl. like the combo of orange and lavendar. color isn't really so off....i like it you could add a bit of white clay or to next time to lighten it a bit.

rubato456 said:
great job! awesome swirl. like the combo of orange and lavendar. color isn't really so off....i like it you could add a bit of white clay or to next time to lighten it a bit.

I will have to do that in the future, it was my only scent that no one checked out due to how it looked. My other option is to keep the GM to my OMH, and just do the Lavender Orange scent in my regular soap.

Beautiful swirls. I'm still working on mine although I use a log mold as opposed to a slab and you just don't get the same result. My thing right now is making peaks in my soap. I love the texture it gives.

julie

I can only do peaks with soap that has accelorated wayyyyyy too fast. I have sensual amber in the mold right now, and it has a very creamy looking top if you subract the crack from overheating. :( I am going to put mica ontop since I thought the scent might discolor and I was wrong :(
I think maybe a soap stamp might be an nice addition as well. I wish puppy paws were valentines-ie, LOL

Latest posts

Back