No weight change on 3rd week

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abby

Reaction score
On the 3rd week of curing my soap the weight remains the same of 2nd week. Is that means my soap has done curing and is ready to be used? i normally read on blog and on google 4-6 weeks. This is my first batch and i am so excited to finally try my soap. Help!!

For soap to begin to get to it's best it needs at least 4 weeks cure time. Cure is not just water loss, but your soap is perfectly fine to use now. Once soap no longer zaps it is safe to use, it just does not last as long. You should hold back at least 1 bar and let it keep curing, testing periodically for 6 months or so. You will notice a big difference between a 3 week soap and a 6 month soap. I prefer curing for 2 months before taking soaps to market.

For soap to begin to get to it's best it needs at least 4 weeks cure time. Cure is not just water loss, but your soap is perfectly fine to use now. Once soap no longer zaps it is safe to use, it just does not last as long. You should hold back at least 1 bar and let it keep curing, testing periodically for 6 months or so. You will notice a big difference between a 3 week soap and a 6 month soap. I prefer curing for 2 months before taking soaps to market.
Thank you for your reply, im happy now to be able to try my soap. I love this forum!!! Thats a very good explanation for someone who just started in soap making.

i agree.. i have seen a more bubbly and lather after a good cure.. this new recipe that i created is allowing for less weight loss for me.. it been 2 weeks and no water loss.. but it does continue to get harder :)

Hi guys thank for all your reply. I have tried my soap today(forgive me but i was just so excited. Lol) i definitely Treasure the advice.

One more thing, if its done with water loss stage. Is that mean i can put it in a closed container?i read somewhere that its another way to Make scent stay, when in close container with a scented cotton

Latest posts

Back