No thermometer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wendy Station

Reaction score
Made my first batch of Melt & Pour last week.... it looks (and smells) great, but although I had hoped it to be two colours swirled together; unfortunately the melted soap just blended into a pink.
Does anyone have any tips as to making two-colour soaps without a thermometer? From some videos, I'm guessing that I should have let each colour sit and cool before pouring into the mold? Is it safe to say that I should let it cool until it needs a good stir to be smooth enough to pour?
Suggestions appreciated!

I didn't bother using my thermometer to swirl my MP. It'll take a little trial and error but basically I poured my first color and then melted my second color before allowing it to stand and cool for a few minutes. The second color may be a little warmer than the first at that point which should be fine. I stirred in the skin that formed on top of the first color before pouring the thickened second color. It might still mix in some places and it may settle out a little but it gave me a decent swirl.

Latest posts

Back