No More Florals

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mnten

Reaction score
I think I,ve just made my last floral scented soap. I used May Lily from The Scent Works. I don,t know why I tried it again, because it siezed on me the first time.
I tried it at room temp this time but it did it again. Just about every floral I,ve tried has had excelarated trace, or has siezed on me.
Is there any florals out there that will not do this? I really do like the scent of a good floral, but I just can,t tolerate their behavior.

Do you use full water?

Whisk instead of stick blender?

If you like florals, you might want to try HP when using them.

How much water and FO did you use? I'm able to soap May Lily from SW and get it in the mold in time when I soap it at 115 degreesF, use .5 oz ppo. of the FO, and soap at a 31% lye solution. It moves fast, but is manageable for me when I soap it in this manner. The scent is a sticker for me at only .5 oz ppo, too.

IrishLass :)

soapbuddy said:
If they seize, let them! :D Then let them go into gel right in your soap pot.

this is exactly what i do :) i'd rather hp from the start and add nice ingredients after the cook, but have had really good results with what soap buddy suggests.

Back