No idea what to call these - rose things

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geeez! "Rose things"? Really, Derpina? LOL You need to show those absolutely beautiful soaps a little more respect!! The least they deserve is a just as beautiful name! :thumbup:

LOL, Rose is as beautiful as can be! It's the "thing" thing that's kinda disrespectful. Those poor little soaps! :lol:

Geeez! "Rose things"? Really, Derpina? LOL You need to show those absolutely beautiful soaps a little more respect!! The least they deserve is a just as beautiful name! :thumbup:

LOL! I know it but can't seem to think of a decent name. I'm gonna go ahead and say it - ''A rose by any other name would smell as sweet". Which is lucky for these soaps with my naming brain fart.

One word: HOW?
I love geometrical soap! Pretty, and I bet it smells good too! :)

One word: HOW?
I love geometrical soap! Pretty, and I bet it smells good too! :)

Thanks, they are easier to do then they look. I made the 2 different coloured soap balls 1st on one day. The next I made the pink sections, poured on a diagonal into a long log mould and inserted the contrasting soap balls. When that was hard enough to handle I planed the surfaces and had a couple of nice triangle inserts. I put those into a large square mould then poured the white coloured soap around those. The white then had the pink soap balls inserted. When you cut them you get the odd geometric pattern. I bet there's a better way to do it but I was playing around and experimenting.

I bet that makes no sense lol. Sorry, I'm not very good at explaining!

No, that makes perfect sense! And it does sound pretty simple. Thanks for elaborating! :) I have so many new techniques to try!

I used a 3% in Jojoba rose EO. I doubt I'll ever be within 100 metres of a rose absolute lol. I love rose and jasmine too but buy the 3% dilutions rather than miss out. 17ml for $407 for the rose 100% at my supplier which is just ouch.

Regardless, these are still the epitome of luxury IMO. :razz: Love them!! How much 3% dilution did you use to fragrance? I can't afford the straight absolutes either, that price is breathtaking. I'd like to try this... Though your soaps are far more beautiful than mine will probably ever be!

Regardless, these are still the epitome of luxury IMO. :razz: Love them!! How much 3% dilution did you use to fragrance? I can't afford the straight absolutes either, that price is breathtaking. I'd like to try this... Though your soaps are far more beautiful than mine will probably ever be!

Even with the 3% dilutions I still don't go over 3% of the total oil weight. I have a 6+ month old rose soap that still has a decent fragrance at this strength. Even the 3% dilutions are too expensive for me to go crazy with. If I ever win the lottery I'm going to splurge on EO's. The blend with this particular soap is rose/geranium/patchouli at 4:2:1. Helps make my rose last longer and that blend smells ridiculously good.

I would pay you to send me a video on how to make them. They are beautiful and I want to try it. I understand about making the balls ahead of time then inserting them into just poured pink soap but then do you unmold that wedge and plane it? How long before you then put the embedded wedge in a new mold and pour the white soap on top and do you spray with alcohol first? Oh please.. make me a video :)

I would pay you to send me a video on how to make them. They are beautiful and I want to try it. I understand about making the balls ahead of time then inserting them into just poured pink soap but then do you unmold that wedge and plane it? How long before you then put the embedded wedge in a new mold and pour the white soap on top and do you spray with alcohol first? Oh please.. make me a video :)

:think: I do have a GoPro lol. I'd be happy to make a vid next time I do the same design but it would be a different scent and colour but the same process. I made a stack of rose that will last me ages. I'd do if for free as well as I've watched a gazillion vids from other soapers and would be just giving back a little. I'm beyond flattered that you even asked!

Meanwhile, yes you do cut the pink wedge with the ball embeds and plane it as soon as the soap is ready to unmould. Then insert the cut and planed pink embeds in the mould and do the white on the same day. It's best to do it while the embed is fresh because of the cutting plus the sides will cure at about the same rate. I didn't need to spray the pink embeds with alcohol as the fresh white soap bonds itself onto the pink. I hope that makes sense and helps in the meantime.

Back