Newest soap and a shot of the cb sugar cube scrubs

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TessC

Reaction score
This just came out of the mold this morning, it's 100% co 20% sf, scent is Mata Hari. Used td to offset the FO's tendency to go brown and did an itp swirl with gold mica.

lms4c.jpg

(My photography skills = nonexistent, bleah)

And this is the latest batch of single use sugar scrub cubes, I made a batch of unscented cp to melt down for them.

sugarscrubcubesa.jpg

Scent is the rum caramel that WSP used to carry, and I'm almost happy with these. I needed more oils mixed with the melted soap, so they're a bit dense but they're still nice to use. Nice and scrubby, just enough lather to let everything rinse off easily, and my skin likes them.

that gold is beautiful.

the sugar cubes are so cute. i need to make one to try out on myself.

I've been thinking about those sugar cubes too, (who hasn't) and wondering if maybe lotion cubes would work? CP cubes sound a little too solid (at least I believe mine would be).

Ooh! you got a nice sparkle from the mica- lovely!

Do you mind sharing your sugar scrub recipe? looks interesting!

Sure :)

It was:

350g grated cp soap
25g olive oil
40g macadamia oil
25g sunflower oil
7g of almond butter

No specific reason I picked those exact oils, they're just what I ended up trying, same with the almond butter. I'd think that any butters and oils could work just fine.

The soap and oo were melted together first, then I added the butter to let the carried over heat melt it, then the rest of the oils went in. Added FO once it was all mixed together (didn't write down the amount but it wasn't much at all, maybe 6ml, since the soap was already scented)

Here's where I could kick myself, I don't know how much sugar I added. I weighed out 500g and meant to weigh what was left over so that I'd know how much I used, but I totally spaced and forgot to weigh it later. Gah! I just added sugar until it was a thick mess and packed it into my mold.

In hindsight I wish I'd used less sugar and left it pourable or glop-able, it didn't hold together all over so some came out of the mold as crumbles.

I love the gold mica, it's not fair, that's how I wanted my soap to turn out and it so did not- the FO made it trace v quick and managed to splodge it it, looks funky, but I wanted classy like yours! :D

They both look amazing...your sugar cubes look like a high calorie treat :D
and thanks for the recipe, can't wait to try them!!!

Latest posts

Back