Newbie soap maker

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimdelee

Reaction score
OK I want to make a milk based soap and have looked at a few different recipes. I know you must have some hard fats/oils and can have some soft or liquid too...right?

If i list what oils I have or am interested in using, would this be enough info to tell me if those combined will even make a decent soap?

Thanks for your patience!

I'd recommend first going to millersoap.com and reading everything there. Then graduate to soapcalc.com and read there (and use the lye calculator!). Be sure to click on all the tabs in soapcalc to get the most out of it.

Good luck!

You don't have to have a combination of hard and soft oils. You can make soap using 100% hard oils or 100% soft oils, or any combination of both.

Like carebear said, do your research. Find out how it works and why it works. You'll learn a lot that way in a surprisingly short amount of time. :)

soap-making-resource.com helped me out a lot, be sure to check that site out. Lots of good info there.

Ok am reading... have learned a bunch already. Wouldnt you know milk based are kinda tricky. LOL

Back