New to goat milk soap making and have an idea / question.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A friend if mine raises (I think) 1 pig per year. Her husband manages a restaurant so he brings home waste food - and they feed the pig that, so the cost to them is very low.

I do wish we had some kind of "Consume at your own risk" type laws. So people could sell/trade things like this.

I may be REALLY reaching here, but perhaps you could contact a local animal shelter and offer to donate the milk? If you are that keen to get rid of it? Assuming the pig farmer doesn't use it all.

Really? Is piggy safe to eat? I think my work experience is creeping in here because I could not do that.

Pigs have been fed food scraps from tables and grocery stores for as long as there have been pigs. They are omnivores, and have immunity to most of the bacteria and such that would make us ill. Most grocery stores keep "pig barrels" that get sold to local pig farmers with spoiled food in them.

I am drowning in milk.
I feel your pain. I got a big chest freezer, which is now filled to the top with frozen milk waiting to be turned into soap. Made tons of cheese. Custard. Frozen Custard. Whey protein powder. The dog gets a few cups a day...I offered it free to local animal rescues and wildlife rescues. I'm out of things to do with it and can't sell it due to similar state laws. Friends and family are sick of me asking them if they want free milk. I almost cried when I dumped a gallon down the drain the other day.

If you don't mind waiting forever for your bars to harden, you can up the liquid ratio and use more milk in each batch.

Pigs have been fed food scraps from tables and grocery stores for as long as there have been pigs. They are omnivores, and have immunity to most of the bacteria and such that would make us ill. Most grocery stores keep "pig barrels" that get sold to local pig farmers with spoiled food in them.

So basically, they can help keep organic refuse from really getting out of hand if we had a system of that method. Ok, intriging enough to study up but I am still not ready to give up fishing for mola mola facts.

Latest posts

Back