New Swirled Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deb8907

Reaction score
I swirled 2 shades of blue in a 12 bar flat silicone mold. They turned green, but that's okay. Surprises are fun.

DSCN0935.jpg

I did scent the batch with 1/2 Coconut Milk and 1/2 Moonlight Path, both PEAK. I think the Moonlight Path turned everything a bit yellow, turning the swirls green. Oh well, next month is St. Patrick's Day!

Never mind. You said it was a flat mold. How did you do that?

I did it in 2 layers. I did a layer of white (TD), then used 2 plastic squirt bottles and squirted a little of both the light blue and dark blue (ultramarine) colors in no particular pattern. I waited a few minutes then did another layer of white poured over a spatula (not to mix the bottom colors). Then I squirted the two blues again on top, but squirted hard so the colors would go down both layers. Then I took a wooden skewer and randomly swirled the colors, going through both layers.
No, I didn't gel. I put the silicone mold on a cutting board and refrigerated it for a day, then waited another day before cutting. Just lots of trial and error, lots of error. LOL

Latest posts

Back